There are some things that need to be considered before you make functional cabinets around fireplace.
1. Room for media. Designing your living room furniture lay out may be a little bit tricky. When the space is not adequate to place the television set, then up over the fireplace it goes. The problem is how you manage to put the best arrangement for the spaces around the set. Most will just have built-in bookcases. These will accommodate than a mantel. To decorate with books, objects and photos is much easier.
fireplace cabinets built in wall units bookcases around fireplaces – source
2. Storing properly will mean the home feeling and looking better. These are what most people seek for their homes. Potential buyers will also be looking for this, if you mean to sell the house. When you are thinking about mixing a fireplace with some small things, a built-in cabinets around Fireplace from floor to ceiling and shelving can be an option.
3. Feature of architecture. A fireplace, which is the center of attention, will be a help when you want to re-do your furniture lay out in that room. Pay attention of how the furniture goes around the fireplace. The colors of the sofa, drapes, and the chairs will depend on the color of the stone surround. Size of the element of the architecture will be a vital thing to consider.
4. Custom-made Cabinets around Fireplace. They often become the chosen solution. These will combine the space in the lower cabinet with a lot of space to be a display above. The cabinets may be working well because they mix pretty well with the fireplace.
cabinet shelves around fireplace ideas – source
5. Stone wrapping. The stones sometimes become the wrapping around the house. They continue in the inside of the house as the backdrop for the television, cabinets and the fireplace horizontally. The stones become integral part of the wall and connect to the windows. Above the stones, the wood can be a finish to the house that it will fit perfectly.
6. Small Cabinets around Fireplace to the side. Small cabinets at the side of the fireplace can be a choice. Before, these cabinets acted as additional storage or even wet bars. But as time goes by, flat screen TVs start to be mounted above the fireplace. The Cabinets around Fireplace now function as a containment for AV equipment, hiding the wires behind.