Finishing a Basement Wall concepts Not Drywall and studs is possible and with attaining the results you actually want a contemporary, fresh, enticing look that invitations you into your house’s basement for no matter activities you most relish doing down there.
Interior Basement Wall Ideas – source
1. Wahoo Walls
· A homemade foam wall product
· Great R-Value.
Wahoo Walls are usually used for basements, however, they’ll be used anyplace. These wall panels have expanded cinnamon core.
2. Rough Wall Panels
· 3D rough panels that reassess existing walls.
· Highly fashionable and trendy
· You still want a base for the rough panels
3. Basement Wall Finishing Systems
· A complete wall system.
· Nothing is left of probability.
· You got to put the full system to urge the panels
basement on a budget intended for basement wall ideas not drywall – source
4. Real Wood Wall pane
· Real wood veneer pane
· Lush, made the look that defies trends. Expensive.
Commonly related to low-cost wood-look veneer pressboard, wood wall pane has return aged in recent years. Basement Wall concepts Not Drywall.
5. Veneer Plaster
· A skinny layer of wet plaster that goes over everything.
· Fewer worries regarding joints as a result of the complete surface is fat-free.
· Drywall remains concerned.
Veneer plaster is just like the offspring of drywall and plaster. It combines the strengths of each of these 2 materials.
6. OSB or laminate
· Plain OSB or laminate, painted or clear-coated.
· Simple, easy, and cheap.
· Poor texture.
OSB stands for homeward strand board and is employed in the main as the exterior wall protective covering or as floor rug pad.
7. Plaster and slat
· An ancient methodology of making a finished wall with wood slats and wet plaster.
· Completely malleable, plaster-and-lath is like sculpture for your walls.
8. Basement Wall concepts Not Drywall finishing while not studs
The simplest answer on a way to end a basement while not studs is to travel with paint, clean your basement walls, so apply multiple coats of prime quality paint.
You need some reasonable structure to your basement walls if you’re not going the pain solely route and arrange on NOT victimization wall studs downstairs. Here are some ways that to the primary a part of finishing your basement walls:
– Go with steel framing: steel basement wall studs are a lot of easier to figure with than ancient wood studs.
– Use furring strips hooked up to basement walls: basement panels are often utilized in a basement end, not victimization studs and drywall.
9. Basement Wall concepts Not Drywall
Finishing basement walls while not drywall can prevent time (building and clean-up) and cash in most DIY cases. Here are a couple of thoughts on what to use:
– Use basement paneling: explore your native home improvement store a while, and you’ll see a spread of wall covering concepts that you just will use on your basement walls.
– Use a custom basement end company: though initially thought, victimization an outdoor company to surface your basement walls could appear overpriced, it’s still undoubtedly priced checking them out.